Saturday, January 10, 2009

Adventures in Baby Food Making

So now that Jackson has rounded the 4 month mark we have started giving him more than just formula! We started with the typical rice cereal, which was fun. Jackson definitely enjoyed the experience. I enjoyed it until he sneezed it all on my face and in my hair one day! Then we tried fresh avocado, which he also enjoyed. All we had to do was scoop it straight out of the avocado. Supposedly avocado has tons of nutrients making it an excellent first food for babies. Now tonight I had my first adventure with homemade baby food. I just cooked up some green beans, threw them into the food processor, added some water, and pureed them. Then I poured them into ice cube trays and for $1.00 total (the cost of a bag of frozen green beans) I have 16 servings of green beans! In order to serve them all we'll have to do is thaw them out. Hopefully he likes it! Next I'm going to try sweet potatoes and squash.

Jackson's 4 month appointment was on Thursday, the doctor said that he looks great. He also got his 4 month vaccinations and only cried for about 10 seconds!
This upcoming Thursday we get the keys to our new townhouse, we get Jackson's 4 month photos taken, and American Furniture is coming to take a look at our broken couch. Then on Friday Matt's mom is coming, I get a vacation day, and we are going to take Matt's mom to the Mountains to see Breckenridge and see Matt ski! Saturday night we are going to the National Western Stock Show Rodeo, Sunday we get to go to church for the first time in three weeks, and on Monday I get another vacation day where we are going to head up to Estes Park! We've got a fun filled long weekend coming up!

No comments: